Björn Werner achieved what thousands of footballers are dreaming of: He became a professional footballer in the NFL and is playing Outside Linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts since 2013. His career sounds like a fairy tale: He started playing flag football as a 12 year old in his hometown Berlin, Germany. 16 years old, Werner moved to the US. From Salisbury High School and the University of Florida State his path led him to the best league in the world.
On April 25th 2013 his life changed dramatically: He was drafted as the 24th overall pick in the NFL Draft from the Indianapolis Colts. He was the first German player in NFL history to be drafted in the 1st round. Overnight the football player became a professional in the NFL. But the man Björn Werner never changed: He is distinguished for his determination, modesty and the way always kept both of his feet on the ground. Even today the father and husband is living the same values like he did during his time in Berlin and never forgot where he came from.
- Date of Birth: August 30, 1990
- Born in: Berlin / Germany
- Height: 6 ft 3 in (1,91 m)
- Weight: 257 lb (117 kg)
- Nickname: Berlin Wall / BW92
- Marital status: Married to Denise, one daughter
- Unanimous All-American (2012)
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year (2012)
- Seminoles Defensive MVP (2012)
- First-team All-ACC (2012)
- First round NFL-Draft pick (2013)
- Tackles: 81
- Sacks: 6,5
- Interceptions: 0
- Forced Fumbles: 1
- Touchdowns: 0
- Pass deflections: 5
You can find more detailed stats of me on nfl.com.